Image Map

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What I'm Lovin' {Hump Da-eeyy} Wednesday!

Hey y'all! Today is Wednesday, the day of the week that begins the nice slope into the weekend... That is if you're working right now! :) However, don't be too jealous- although us teachers have a WHOLE summer to "play and relax" (as one person said to me last night!), we don't... All teachers can vouch- the majority of our time is spent creating new things for our classrooms, photographing every second of doing said things, blogging about said things, and on and on... It can be exhausting!! Can I get an AMEN?! :)

We only have a few weeks until we are slung back into our rooms (or in my case granted permission to even START on my room for the FIRST TIME EVER!) and I think the last few weeks of summer should solely be spent doing fun things with families and friends, relaxing, sleeping in, and crafting your heart away on things you will never get to during the school year! How does that sound!? Except, we all know that will never happen because the last few weeks will probably be spent attempting all of the crazy awesome stuff  I've been seeing my fellow teachers post on Instagram! OH MY! You girls are KILLING my brain with crafting overload! Cue song- "MY MIND'S TELLING ME NOOOO, BUT MY BODY, MY BODY IS TELLING ME YESSSS..." That's pretty much how I feel, except backwards :)


For this weeks edition of What I'm Lovin Wednesday over at Covered in Glitter and Glue, I thought I'd share some stuff that is sort of random... But that is pretty much how my mind works, so it's fitting! :)

#1- I love this wallpaper that I found for my iPhone :) it's always important to remember this and I love the reminder when I turn my phone on!
#2- minions... I <3 minions!!! I just want to take them all home with me and speak in their language all day long :) so cute!!
#3- I am LOVING my new Alex and Ani bracelet that my hubby got for me as a good luck gift for my first year of teaching... I have been searching for this bracelet in silver for MONTHS now and I pretty much jumped up and down like a small child when I opened the box! :) he's truly the best hubby ever!


#4- I love school supplies.... That is all
#5- umm... Cake batter ice cream made at home is SOOOOO much better than Cold Stone :) just sayin! This ice cream was off the chain! I may or may not have been eating it out of the ice cream maker while it was churning away :-D
#6- I hit 200 followers on my Instagram!! Holy BISCUITS that's exciting!! Thank you to ALL of you!Now I need all of those wonderful people to head on over and follow my blog and TpT store as well! Yippee!!
#7- this wonderful subway art piece I got at my local TJMaxx Homegoods to put in my wonderful desk area that was inspired by the amazing Instagram photos of Chic Classroom Style... She is so talented at decorating and design it's incredible! :) Go check her out!! :)

Well, that's it for this installation of What I'm Lovin' Wednesdayyyyy!!! ::cue game show tune:: :) I know.. I'm a dork :-P (totally just realized I did this twice during this blog.... Must be the last two days of karaoke that I've been to! Haha!)

One question before I go- how would all of my fellow teacher bloggers/friends feel about a fun linky party for Teacher Fashion?! I was thinking that since the school year is starting soon and everyone will be getting their clothes together, shopping, planning their outfits and such it would be fun to share what works for you in the classroom and what is functional! What you all think?! I know I'm always searching for pieces to put together that give me the most bang-for-my-buck, but that are also super functional! Shoes could be included as well since I know everyone needs a good pair of shoes for the classroom :) Leave a comment down below and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying Instagram too and I posted something similar about stopping all the posting about cute shopping. HAHAHA.
    Good luck your first year! Take it all in and don't try to do everything...It ain't gonna happen...listen to seasoned/veteran teachers...
    and ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!
    Best of luck to you on your new adventure!
    "autumn"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn,
    Thank you so much! I am definitely trying to take it all in… It's a lot! I am super excited to get into my classroom and start decorating and putting everything together! Thanks for all of the tips!
    ~Lindsay

    ReplyDelete