Image Map

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Liebster Nomination #2- WOO HOO!

I just read some exciting news on my blog! I was nominated for a second Liebster Award and I am so excited and honored :) This time around, it was the lovely Michelle over at Miss, Hey Miss (LOVE your blog name by the way!) and she is seriously one of the sweetest bloggers out there (not to mention her blog- ROCKS!) Thank you Michelle! :)


Since this is the second nomination for me- you can read more about this award and what it means in my first post here.

These are the questions that Michelle asked me!

~What/Who made you decide to be a teacher?
...My older sister is a huge inspiration for me. She has always just jumped head first into life without any regrets and I love that. She has truly inspired me to go after MY dreams and aspirations and not anyone else's!

~Where did you grow up? 
...I was born in Tampa, Florida but grew up just west in the Brandon/Valrico, Florida area. We had strawberry fields, orange groves, and fruit stands pretty much in every direction if you looked out our backdoor. I loved it! It has since changed so much and I much prefer it here in quiet and small Newberry, Florida :)

~What is your favorite holiday?
...CHRISTMAS!!!!! I am such a Christmas freak! I start decorating the day after Thanksgiving if possible (sometimes before if my hubby lets me ;) ) Shopping, family time, baking, gift wrapping, tree decorating, house lights You name and I love it Not to mention I can pretty much recite the entire movie Elf Don't judge- you know you love it too! ;) 

~On Pinterest, what board to you pin to most frequently?
...For my teaching Pinterest board- I would say my "Organized is a Happy Classroom" board.. I believe organization is the key to success!
...My personal Pinterest  board would be my "Baking Up Some Fun" board.. I have over 600 pins just on that board! HAHA! I <3 me some baking!

~Google, Yahoo, or Bing? Other?
...Google- i use it for EVERYTHING!

~What kind of vehicle do you drive? Does this say anything about your personality?
...I drive a Pontiac Torrent- its an SUV and I need one to travel with my pups to see my family in Tampa :) I wouldn't say it displays my personality though.. If I were to be honest, and I had tons of money laying around- I would definitely drive a BMW X5! :-P I have expensive taste I guess! :)

~Do you have any special talents? 
...I can sew pretty much anything you want! All I need is a visual and I can do it!

~Mechanical pencil or old school #2?
...I  love mechanical pencils if they are the good brands because it cuts down on SO much sharpening! I think pencil sharpening is my pet peeve.. lol! 

~When you were a child, what did you 'want to be when you grew up'?
...I was convinced that I wanted to be a Veterinarian all the way until about 3 years ago! That's when faith took over and reality sank in that my path was created for teaching :)

11 Random Facts-

- I will not eat food if a pickle touches it
- I absolutely detest frogs
- Breakfast for dinner is my favorite dinner
- My favorite animal in the whole.wide.world are hippopotamus :) I even got to adopt one for Christmas! bestchristmaspresenteverrr… Just saying..
- If have SERIOUS ADD if I spot something with glitter on it
- I hate black licorice… GROSS!
- I want to go on Cupcake Wars one day..
- My husband is seriously the best cook I've ever met.. he should be on Food Network too :-P
- I am an adrenaline junkie, I would love to go skydiving, ride in a fighter jet, and do the Zero Gravity experience if I got the chance!
- I love anything made from a potato… I seriously could eat mashed potatoes every meal of the day and I would be ok with that!
- My mom is my best friend.

My nominees for new blogs are (Drumroll please!)…

#1- Mistie @ Just Call Me Sparkles- Super cute blog with recipes, nutritional info, and encouragement! Not to mention she's my awesome sista and an AP! ;)
 photo glittergrabbutton_zpsafc7f237.jpg

#2 Shannon and Brian @ The Teaching Twosome- ADORABLE blog and resources from K-3 since its both of them! I love it! ;)


#3 Rachel @ Third Grade Cupcakes- as a BRAND new blogger, she has some amazing posts and information! I cannot wait to keep up with her blog and I love her Instagram pics :)

#4 Jessica @ Teacher's Heart - such a cutie-patootie! I love finding new bloggers that have such inspiration in their posts! :)
Teacher's Heart
#5 Krista @ Cantrall's Got Class - I love her blog because she tells it like it is and she gets to work with the newbie teachers at her school, helping them become  AWESOME! :)  

My questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite food EVER?
2. Have you ever gone on vacation somewhere you didn't want to come back from?
3. What is your biggest accomplishment in life so far?
4. If you had the choice to shop anywhere with unlimited budget- where would you go?
5. What is your greatest piece of advice to new teachers?
6. What did you want to be when you were little?
7. What do you do in your spare time?
8. Mac or PC?
9. Flying or driving?
10. One word to describe your personality.. GO!

Alright! That concludes this post of my Liebster Nomination! I'm so excited and I hope that my nominees are as excited as I am! :) Thanks everyone for your continued support and AWESOME guidance!

And with that, I leave you with this picture…
HAHAHA! :) You know you do it!
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination! So sweet! :)

    Shannon
    The Teaching Twosome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! You deserve it! :) Hope you have a fabulous week!
      ~Lindsay

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! Made my night! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad!! :) Your blog is so wonderful! I can't wait to see all of the ideas you come up with this year! :)
      ~Lindsay

      Delete
  3. Yay - thanks for the nomination!!!
    Question...I made my post and linked to my nominees. But I want to leave them a comment on their blog to link back to my post but I don't know how to do it like you did, make it so that the worked "here" is linked to the post. I'm sooooo a newbie. help....please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome!
      I left the answer to this question on your blog, did you see it? Let me know! :)

      Thanks so much!
      Lindsay

      Delete