WOW! Today was phenomenal, exciting, overwhelming, fast-paced, beautiful first day of preplanning! I'm so excited about all of the things happening in my classroom, I cannot wait to do my classroom reveal at the end of the week! Here is a sneak preview :)
Cute right!? :) Aren't you just DYING to see the rest! WEll, I can't wait to show ya!!
Also, this week kicks off a super fun linky party over at Bloghoppin! It's Teacher Week '13! This linky starts off with today and an introduction of myself! I'm very excited for this week and all of the fun that is to be had! I hope that you'll link up too so that we can all learn about one another! Here is the schedule for the week!
All right, now onto the introduction!
Well first things first, my name is Lindsay Rodriguez (for those who don't know!) and I this is my very first year teaching! I am beyond excited and especially since today was my first day of preplanning! I was just married in December to the love of my life, Alex! He is so wonderful and has been nothing but supportive since the day I chose to be a teacher. I love him more than all the stars in the sky. We both actually started our new jobs today! He also had a fabulous day, if anyone was wondering :) I have two awesome pups, Romeo and Juliet. They are our kids and I love them as if they were! I will be teaching in the magnet program and I know it will be challenging, but that is when I work the best! I feel most successful when I am constantly being challenged! :)
1. I love to bake- ANYTHING! From cookies to cupcakes, pies, brownies, bread… Everything!
2. Crafting is more than just a hobby- it truly is a passion and there is no time where I feel more relaxed than when I am in my craft room
3. Blogging is completely new to me, but I absolutely LOVE IT! It has become such an amazing outlet and source of information for me. I'm not sure what I'd do without all you amazing teacher blogging buddies I've made along the way!
4. I am one of the biggest pit bull advocates you will ever meet!
5. I really want to run a marathon one day- I just need to start training, which would involve running… which I hate… However, I WANT to love it, so that is my goal by the end of the year is to form a love for running!
6. I started college wanting to be a veterinarian, but God led me down a different path and here I stand today doing what I was truly made to do!
7. I am a strong and faithful believer who is trying to grow in faith each and every day!
8. My husband and I met online :) See true love CAN be found in the strangest of places!
9. I love Harry Potter- the books are ones that I hope to read to my children, and pass on to my children's children! I is definitely my all time favorite book series!
10. My family is my life- my mom is my best friend in the entire world, I've been a daddy's girl since I was a baby, and my two sisters mean the world to me! My sisters and I even got matching tattoos at the beginning of summer to celebrate our bond! :)
Well, that's all for today everyone! This week is going to be so crazy with trying to get everything ready before meet the teacher! It's very nice to have a plan of my posts for the week! :) Thanks for joining me and I hope you will link back and check out what I have posted tomorrow!