Image Map

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wednesday Happenings- TpT Seller Challenge week 1 & 2, products, and life lessons!


Wow! I feel like I blinked and two weeks of summer vacation have passed! How did that happen?? Can we just hit the pause button please?!

Well- onto the life happenings! Many of you know that I was anxiously preparing and getting super stoked about my trip next week to the ISTE conference in Philly! Unfortunately, the person I was attending with had a medical emergency and couldn't go- so that meant it was a no go for me as well. To say I was sad and disappointed would be an understatement! I completely understand and she is such an amazing woman, I pray she gets better soon because she is in a lot of pain. But the excitement of a new city, fun food, learning opportunities, and the ability to network with 20,000 people was a lot to swallow when you are told you're not going anymore. I was so upset, but thankfully my husband was with me and reminded me of the faithful journey that we are on together. Over the weekend we talked about the need to help each other grow our faith, especially in difficult situations- as we have faced so many this year already. So- I cried, read some bible passages, and moved on. I'm looking at this as an opportunity to get  ahead of the game and get some massive creating done for my TpT store!  Well, you know what they say- make  lemonade, amiright?! And pray....


Since you read through my sob story and are awesome followers- here is a fun and exclusive FREEBIE that I hope you can use in your classroom! I have a couple variations of this in my store and absolutely LOVE my teacher toolbox! I hope you will make one too! (Click the picture to download a copy)



In addition to that product, I also made this amazing Earth Day unit and finally finished it and put it in my store! It was such a labor of love and I am very proud of how it turned out! I hope you will find that it is useful for any unit that focuses on Earth science! This is a great deal and only on sale until midnight tonight!
Also- don't forget to check out my sale that is going on until Friday of all my new products! ;)


Finally- since I was frantically trying to get ready for the trip I am not going on all last week, I didn't get a chance to blog about the AMAZING challenge that a few of my favorite bloggers/instagramers are hosting! The TpT Seller Challenge is a  challenge that helps TpT seller learn tips and tricks to improve their shop and has been such a blessing so far! We are currently in week two, which is Dare to Dream week and I will share that below. But first, I want to talk about week one! Week one was the makeover challenge and we had to choose at least one product in our store to makeover. Let me just tell you how fun and exciting this was! Here is my before and after- pretty big difference right?!


That's because when I first created this item, I was just starting out and had no idea! I have come a long way in my TpT journey and I still have so much to learn!  You can check out this awesome product here and the free PowerPoint that supplements it is located here

Ok- this week is week two and our Dare to Dream week. I love this week as there were no limitations, just big dreams! I made some personal and career minded goals that I absolutely needed to write down. Sometimes, accountability and motivation comes from within yourself. You just have to write it down and see it for yourself. I truly plan to check each of these off my list. 


Finish My Masters- I am half-way done and I pray I can make it! The workload is insane and on top of it, I am also working on my Gifted Endorsement too- yikes!

Grow in my faith and walk with God- This is something very important to me and my husband. We discussed it in depth this weekend and how we want to grow. It is so hard sometimes to completely let go and rely on your faith to carry your through. We are working together and helping each other and that is a huge deal for me. 

Inspire other teachers- The amount of inspiration that I get from other teachers is so incredible and I hope that I can/am doing the same for others. I want my resources, blog, and social media sites to create a world of discovery and excitement for new and seasoned teachers alike. It is so much fun to know that someone else used your idea or had a better day because of something you posted. That is big y'all!

Become a full-time blogger- The work that goes into blogging is incredible. However, I truly feel better when I blog! I feel like I can truly express myself when I write- so this is an obvious outlet for me! In addition, I would love to make it part of my career. I know it is possible, I just have to push and pursue!

What are some of your Dare to Dream goals? I'd love to hear about some of yours! 

4 comments:

  1. You can do it! I finished my masters in my third year of teaching because I was working on an endorsement and was so close to having the masters that I just went for it. It is a lot of work, but it's definitely worth it and a great feeling in the end. Good luck!
    Laura
    Enchanting Elementary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement! I just keep telling myself that I only have 1 year left! I can do it! :) Thanks for the love!

      Delete
  2. The summer is going too fast and there is so much to do - especially with this amazing TPT Seller Challenge! Best of luck with your masters degree goal - you will get there! www.teachingintheheartofflorida.blogspot.com

    ~Rissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this summer is absolutely flying by! I wish it would just slow down! I'm loving this challenge, it has really taught me a ton! It is amazing how knowledgable everyone is about TpT. I just love soaking up all the info! I hope you have an awesome summer!

    ReplyDelete