Image Map

Monday, August 4, 2014

Adventures in Healthy Lifestyles and Accountability

**Just a warning- this post is one that has been on my mind for a week now. Should I post, should I not post? I decided that since many of you may be struggling with the same thing I am- it would be too beneficial to skip. If you don't want to read about fitness/health and how it affects my life- then you might want to skip this one!

As a teacher, how many times have you said, "I just don't have time for that?" Yeah... Me too! One of my most guilty moments of saying this is when it comes to being healthy or working out. I am the WORST at being a self motivator and getting it done. However, as I jumped onto the scale about 3 weeks ago and realized I was officially the heaviest I've ever been, I knew it needed to change stat. I could not let this terrible excuse weigh (no pun intended!) me down anymore!

There is only one person that can be held accountable for your health, and that is yourself. With the family history of disease and weight problems in both my husbands and my families, I knew it was now or never. We chose NOW!

Well, in walks an amazing church friend (I swear we were sisters in another life) and she asks me if I am interested in joining an accountability and motivational group that she is hosting on Facebook. She said they were also integrating the book, Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst. This was the third time she had asked me about being in one of these groups and I always had an excuse. I figured that God obviously was directing me towards her and that this group was not only going to help me physically but also spiritually. So after discussing it with my husband (he is also at his heaviest and used to be a workout fanatic!), we decided to join not only the accountability group but also join as a Beachbody Coach (co-team, if you will). We knew that being held accountable for our health is important and we want to pass this on to others.

Working out at mom's house this weekend!

Just in the past week, we changed our eating habits and went to the gym 3-4 times throughout the week while we waited on the AWESOME 21 Day Fix and Shakeology challenge pack to arrive. I immediately noticed a difference in my mental awareness and physically how I felt. I also lost 5 pounds! Instant gratification can be nice sometimes! Now, this was just with one week of not eating crap. It's absolutely ridiculous to think about what we put in our bodies. We are given these perfect shells and we stuff them with processed food, sugar, and soda. No wonder I slept all summer and didn't get anything accomplished! As a matter of fact, I have gotten more accomplished in the past week than I have all summer. HA!


Long story short, today was our first day of our challenge group and 21 Day Fix plan. I feel amazing and have not been hungry at all today (you eat a TON of good-for-you food throughout this eating plan). I am super excited about the benefits that I am giving my body and the fact that I am learning how to eat correctly for the absolute first time in my life! This is true, I honestly had no idea what an actual portion was until last night when I was meal prepping. Holy cow.. I'm not sure how many calories I was eating before, but I know it was an absolute ridiculous amount more than I was suppose to (of bad food!). Now, am I saying I won't ever eat chocolate cake again?! Absolutely not, but the fact is that I don't CRAVE it like I did before! I have learned from this amazing book and my new eating plan the importance of food for our bodies AND minds. It is ok to enjoy these things once in awhile, just not everyday (times two) like I was doing to myself!

One of my meals today- best tuna salad I've ever had, and NO mayo! Say what?!

Post-workout Selfie- No shame in sweating! ;)
I hope that this posts gives those of you in the same position I was in the confidence to take the next step. Whether it is walking around the block each night, eating less processed food, or even joining our challenge group that starts soon! I want you all to know it can be done!

Grocery shopping- we definitely spent less than we normally do and got 2-3 times the amount of food! 
This stuff rocks my socks... It is delicious and there are a TON of ways to enjoy it!
If you want more information on this program or any of the other ones we offer, please feel free to contact me! From coaching to accountability, we can help you reach your goals too!

P.S.- Don't forget about the amazing TpT sale going on NOW! It's today and tomorrow only and my store is 28% off when you use the code BTS2014! Yippee! Find my store here~~> Just Keep Teaching :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Lindsay! Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing your story.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I bought a FitBit last year & it has helped me move more every day. Keep up the great work! I too am learning so much about good food/bad food - amazing!

    ReplyDelete